Omni-channel order fulfillment with a single solution
Serving as our centralized integration hub the Order Management System (OMS) orchestrates your supply chain via a single platform. The OMS receives orders from various channels, manages inventory across multiple fulfillment sources and, based on configurable rules, routes to the bes fulfillment sources(s) - delivering an optimal lifecycle workflow for retailers, distributors and third party logistics service providers (3PLs).
OMS enables the ability to differentiate order fulfillment methods (fulfill from warehouse, drop ship from vendor, ship/pick up from store) and effectively manage all customer, item, inventory and fulfillment information (including: vendor relationships, data integration, order and shipment tracking and reporting).
A robust order management system is vital towards improving omni-channel enablement. Consider that in a single omni-channel business transaction, four different system are required to deliver a "traditional" customer-retailer experience (e-commerce, OMS, point of sale (POS and B2B integration).
For example, a consumer purchases three items online:
- Inventory is tracked via multiple fulfillment sources. (OMS)
- The order is routed to the best fulfillment sources. (OMS)
- Order line A is sent to the closest retail store for fulfillment.(POS)
- Order line B is sent directly to the vendor for vendor drop ship. (B2B integration)
- Order line C is sent to a warehouse for fulfillment. (Product integration)
When combined with solutions for e-commerce and our retail consulting practice, omni-channel retailers using OMS gain the ability to optimize and synchronize their entire supply chain.
- Real-time enterprise inventory visibility across all fulfillment sources
- Order lifecycle management with tracking and reporting
- Enable, fulfill, and ship from anywhere to meet consumer expectations
- Order orchestration/routing picks best fulfillment with shipment/carrier integration
- Omni-channel process automation to enable strategic initiatives
- Huge cost savings: reduced costs associated with nternal and external integrations
- Rapid time to value
- Seamless integration between catalog/product, trading partners documents (POs, shipments, invoices, etc.)
Omni-channel order management platform
Order Orchestration: Functionality is built on a rules and workflow engine that can be tailored to each specific omni-channel retailer. The workflow and rules engine sets the "beat" for the Order Management platform.
Omni-Channel Inventory Management: Make order promises based upon inventory. OMS enables you to do so with omni-channel allocation.
Virtual Catalog Management: Manage your suppliers by permitting them to collaborate more effectively around your various business workflows, manage exceptions to such processes and stay in sync with changes, rollouts and other workflow-related tasks.
Drop Ship Vending: Workflow passes order to specific vendors and enables products to ship directly to consumers. OMS provides scorecards for visibility into execution compliance, product level demand, latency and other aspects of the order lifecycle.
Ship from Store: Store associates can pick items from a mobile device and print a packing slip and carrier compliant shipping label. For large store, OMS assigns tasks and tracks cycle tie to complete orders.
Pick up at Store: Allows customers to buy online and pick up at store location. The customer receives notification when the item is ready for pick up.